Tuesday, March 31, 2020

YouTube: A Resource You Should Use



"YouTube is a free video sharing website on the internet. The website lets people upload, view, and share videos. ... Videos can be rated with likes or dislikes, and viewers can subscribe to channels they like. Videos can be commented on if viewers log into their own accounts."

This is the posted official definition of what YouTube is, but what might it mean to YOU?


To me, YouTube means that FamilySearch offers me 298 videos to watch on my laptop or iPad or phone from the comfort of my chair. YouTube means I'm offered 298 learning opportunities from FamilySearch on YouTube. 

Ancestry offers me 1108 videos!  MyHeritage offers 383 videos. 

These little videos rang from minutes to just over an hour. At Walmart I bought a pair of $12 earphones which I plug into my iPad to hear better what I'm watching. 

And if I get brain-dead from too much genealogy learning I can always see what Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund is up to, or learn that chopped up banana peels soaked in water make a very good fertilizer water for houseplants. :-)

Try it out for yourself. I think you'll enjoy what you find and see. 

No comments: