Monday, August 13, 2012

Walking with Ancestors......Needs Your Help

Walking with Ancestors, chaired by Shirley Penna-Oakes, is coming up soon...... Saturday, Septmeber 22. Shirley still needs some help with actors, guides and "gophers."  Contact her if you'd like to help...  firebugvw@gmail.com .................  I will be an actor. My person/tombstone is for John Gundlach. My research has shown that he had a short but eventful Union Navy career in the Civil War. The guidelines for this year's Walking with Ancestors was not to just tell the story of the person's life (ie, NOT a biography) but to tell about what he did in the Civil War...... all the persons chosen were Civil War veterans. After the Civil War John Gundlach ended up in Spokane and I think was a doctor but I do have more research to do. It's been a fun project and it will be a great Walking with Ancestors day!!


No comments: