Friday, January 10, 2020

Networking Does Work!


Can you define networking? That's the word used to describe "it's not what you know but who you know." I can testify and verify to you that that is so true!


My granddaughter in law' surname is ABAD which originates in Mexico. When I was last in Salt Lake at the Family History Library, I searched the catalog for books on that surname. There was one listing and when I tried to chase down that book, I learned that it is "currently unavailable" whatever that means.

So here is this 97-page book on the Abad Family, written (of course) in Spanish out there somewhere and how am I gonna get a look at it?  Going back to the Library catalog, and scrolling down, it showed in WorldCat other places that might have that book. One place was the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque. 

That's when I had my ahah moment!  I remembered a friend I'd met in Salt Lake years ago who lived in Albuquerque and who was of Spanish ancestry. VIOLA!  I contacted her and of course she is happy to go to that library and check out that book for me. 

Aren't I right? It's not always what you know but who you know? 


No comments: