Monday, December 28, 2015

Happy Year End and Happy New Year !!

How many times have we said, "Oh, what I'd give for one diary entry....one letter...one card...one page....written by my great-great grandmother!!"

I have a great-grandchild due in June 2016. It's not likely that in 2036 (when he/she is 20) that I'll be up to telling stories about my life. 

Permission to speak boldly? NEITHER WILL YOU.

But today I can write those stories about my life and by so doing will be leaving a real legacy for her/him. 

Permission to speak boldly? PERHAPS YOU DON'T CARE WHETHER YOUR GREAT-GREAT GRANDCHILDREN KNOW WHO YOU WERE?? It's your decision. 

Perhaps your New Year's Resolution or New Year's Goal might-oughta-should be to start writing the history of you.....for them?

Here's a great list of ideas to get you started...thinking back across the year 2015:

1.  What did you do this year that you had never done before?
2.  What was the smartest decision you made this year?
3.  What was the biggest risk you took?
4.  What new things did you discover about yourself?
5.  What are you most grateful for this past year?
6.  What was your biggest achievement of the year?
7.  What do you wish you had done more of?
8.  What do you wish you had done less of?

Happy Year End & Happy New Year from Donna. 

No comments: