Free Family History Seminar
Saturday, October 25th, 2008 -- Hayden Lake Family History Center -- 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
A variety of soups, salad & fresh breadsticks will be served from 12:00 to 1:00. Yes! There is such a thing as a free lunch, but please pre-register by Thursday, October 23 so we know you are coming!
For more information, or to register:
- Call (208) 765-0150 Monday, 10 AM to 5 PM or Tuesday through Thursday, 10 AM to 9 PM; or
- E-mail Joanne Faye; or
- Mail your name, address, phone number and choice of classes to Connie Godak, 2203 James Crowe, Hayden, ID 83835
- Digital Photo Repair, taught by Dave Van Etten, artist, graphic artist & owner of Van Etten Studios: two sessions
- New Family Search, taught by Donna Austin, Family Search Support Missionary; two additional sessions taught by Karen Bennett, FHC Staff Trainer
- Organization Makes Life Easier, taught by Betty Marriott, FH Consultant. Betty brings home an exciting method of organizing your family history from a class she just attended in Utah.
- Daughters of the American Revolution workshop, taught by Jeanne Venturino, KCGS, & Liz Jones, local DAR chapter Vice Regent.
- Internet Genealogy, Take One, taught by Karen Bennett, FHC Staff Trainer
- Beginning Personal Ancestral File, taught by Connie Godak, FHC Director
- Advanced Personal Ancestral File, taught by Connie Godak, FHC Director
- Internet Genealogy, Take Two, taught by Joseph Mitchell, University of Idaho Cartography BS and grad student in Historical Archeology.
- Searching and Understanding Land Records, taught by Joseph Mitchell (see above)
- Who's PERSI? If you don't know, you are missing 1/3 of the records that are out there: taught by Connie Godak, FHC Director.
- Accessing State & National Archives Records, taught by Joseph Mitchell (see above)
- Cancel Confusion! Does working with GEDCOMs and thumb drives, burning CDs, or knowing where to look for what you need to know to find what you want to know drive you crazy? This class will help! taught by Connie Godak, FHC Director.
Choose one from each session below. Use the class choice numbers listed above:
- 10:10 to 11:00 AM - 2 (instructor: Donna Austin), 6, 9
- 11:10 to 12:00 PM - 1, 4, 5, 7
- 1:10 to 2:00 PM - 1, 2 (instructor: Karen Bennett), 10, 11
- 2:10 to 3:00 PM - 2 (instructor: Karen Bennett), 3, 8, 12
Don't use Google Maps to map your way to the Family History Center. It gives an incorrect location! From Spokane, take I-90 East. Take exit 11 into Coeur d'Alene. Stay to the left. Turn left onto Ramsey. Go north two miles. Turn left on Hanley. Go ½ mile to the church just past the round-about.