Highlights of today’s post:
· Using Pinterest for Genealogy
· Association for Gravestone Studies
· Spotlight on Wilbur, Washington
· “Skulls among Goodwill donations.”
The Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) magazine, American Spirit, carried an article by Maureen Taylor in their Sept-Oct 2014 issue. Titled “5 Ways to Use Pinterest for Genealogy” it was a good read. Taylor offered these five ways to use this social media website:
· Follow your favorites…. Like Ancestry, MyHeritage, FamilyTree Magazine, etc. “These sites’ boards feature abundant research tips.”
· Keep track of your sources for research…. Keep images of books you’ve checked, or want to check.
· Create boards for ancestors….. quoting Taylor: “Create a photo album of your ancestors’ lives using photographs, documents found online (if allowed) and links to images of places they lived….”
· Document local history………..you could do a “come visit this area and do genealogy” by listing/showing the repositories in your area.
· Compile a virtual family history cookbook……..